Australia can be a home for Engineering Grads with no work experience too
You may be aware of the fact that when you apply for any kind of permanent resident visa or a temporary visa of Australia, work experience is one of the major requirements to be eligible. But what if you don’t have any work experience? What if you hold a recognized degree of one of the most competitive sectors of Australia-Engineering and have the skills to contribute to the Australian economy? Will you still not be able to make it to Australia just based on your skills & qualification? Is there no alternative option? If you are wondering all this, then here’s your best answer- the Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa ( a visa for temporary skilled migration to Australia).
With an aim to facilitate easy career opportunities for fresh Engineering graduates who hold no work experience, the Australia Government and DIBP introduced Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa (subclass 476). By obtaining this visa, you or anyone as a fresh graduate, keen to gain Australian work experience & a will to reside in Australia can live, work and travel within Australia. This visa acts a temporary residence permit and allows you to gain an experience as high as 18 months in any reputed companies of Australia. Moreover, not just you but your family can also accompany you on this visa. However, as every visa program, there are certain eligibility factors that you may have to adhere to in order to apply for this visa program.
Subclass 476 Visa Requirements to Qualify
- Age– To apply for this visa program, you should not be older than 31 years
- Education– To apply your qualification must be not less than Engineering graduation. Moreover, your highest obtained degree must not be less than 2 yrs. Also, your study must be in any of the following specializations of Engineering stream:
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical, Production and Plant Engineering
- Mining and Material Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- University – The degree of Engineering you have obtained must be from any recognized Universities. If you are applying as an Indian nationality, then you are eligible only if your degree is from the following recognized and approved Universities:
- Anna University-Chennai
- Banaras Hindu University-Varanasi
- Indian Institute of Science- Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur
- Indian School of Mines-Dhanbad
- Health & Character – To apply you must be of a sound health and possess a good character
*Students applying from other countries also have at to adhere to recognized Universities norms. A detailed list of each country’s recognized Universities is available here.
A Glance at the Visa program benefits, validity, processing time & costs
|Processing Time||80-90 days|
|Costs & Expenses||For primary applicant- Min. AUD 365 (approx. INR 18,000) For accompanying spouse- Min. AUD 185 (INR 9,000) For accompanying kid- Min. AUD 90 (4,500 INR)|
Our Services for Subclass 476 Visa Program
Initial Evaluation– Our Initial Evaluation Service will help you determine whether you qualify for the visa based on your education details, age and several other factors.
Visa Application- On finding that you are eligible for the visa program, we assist you in applying for the visa & complete all the application formalities on your behalf.
Document Collection & Verification– We help you with a checklist of documents that are to be submitted to the embassy for the process and verify on collection.
Document Submission– Once the documents are thoroughly verified, we submit them to the Embassy as per the standard procedure.
Additional Assistance– Assistance in document collection, medicals etc. will be provided on demand.
This article was written with an aim to provide basic information about the Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa (Subclass 476) program. However, for detailed information, an expert counseling is suggested. Send us a quick message to consult our Australia Immigration Expert, at a no-cost charge.