Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
Living and working in Australia is a dream of many since Australia provides the skilled workers with several benefits and entitlements. What if these benefits are directly sponsored by a state or territory of Australia? It is an amazing feeling isn’t it?
The Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) is Australia’s skilled immigration program through which permanent residency visa is obtained by skilled migrants who are nominated by a state or territory in Australia. The Subclass 190 visa holders avail the benefits of residing and working in Australia on a permanent basis.
What is Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190?
If you’re wondering what the Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 is, then read the below necessary details you must know before applying for this visa.
It is a kind of points-based visa that is granted by the Australian state or territory that nominates skilled visa applicants based on several factors. This is a good pathway in case you want to work in Australia permanently, specifically in a state.
If you wish to apply for the Australian Visa, it is a must for you to get state nomination from the respective Australian government agency through the SkillSelect platform.
SkillSelect is Australia’s online system for immigration where you must show an EOI or Expression of Interest for your 190 visa application and get selected by states based on your eligibility and ranking points. There are several factors that determine the number of points you can score based on your profile. The minimum points you must score are 65 out of 100.
After submitting your application through SkillSelect for sponsorship, you may get selected by the applied state and receive a nomination certificate. This aspect becomes a quicker way to get your Invitation to Apply for the Skilled Nominated Visa 190.
Once you receive this invitation, you get 60 days of time to file your final visa application.
In fact, the Skilled Nominated Visa 190 makes an excellent alternative to those skilled workers who have the required skills and qualifications but fail to score the minimum points required to get the Subclass 189 Visa.
Hence, through the Skilled Independent 190 Visa candidates open up their pathways to Australia PR via state sponsorship points.
What benefits will I get if I apply for the Skilled Nominated Visa 190?
The Skilled Nominated Visa 190 gives you and your permitted family members many entitlements and benefits that you can enjoy. These benefits are as follows:
- You can reside in Australia for as long as you want to.
- You can professionally or educationally engage yourself with the country for your occupation or higher studies.
- You get to receive healthcare facilities that are subsidized.
- Benefits for certain social securities.
- After getting the PR Visa and spending a specific number of years in the country, you get to avail the Australian citizenship as well.
You can also sponsor your family members that are eligible enough to get temporary or permanent residence through a permanent visa, after fulfilling several eligibility conditions.
How to know if I am eligible for Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190?
It can be quite tricky to know if you are eligible to apply for the Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190.
However, we are here to sort you out with all the eligibility requirements that you can check out if you wish to apply for the 190 Visa.
Check out all these eligibility criteria and see if you fulfil them or not to qualify for the Visa application.
- You must meet the nomination criteria that are required for that specific Australian territory or state.
- You must be nominated by the Australian territory or state government agency.
- An Expression of Interest must be shown by you to receive invitation from the concerned department for your visa application.
- The occupation for which you are nominated must be a part of the Skilled Occupation List.
- A proper skills assessment must be obtained for the nominated occupation for your skilled migration points test based on certain factors. These factors include:
- English language proficiency
- Skilled work experience overseas and in Australia
- Qualifications that meet the Australian international standards
- Language qualifications that are credential according to the community
- Regional study in Australia
- Skilled qualifications of your spouse
- Australian professional year
- A relevant sponsorship or nomination previously attained
- In the Skilled Migration points test you must score a minimum of 60 points.
- At the time of receiving the visa application your age should be 45 years or lesser.
- In case you don’t hold a Canadian, USA, Irish, UK, or New Zealand passport, your English language abilities must competent enough so that you receive an Invitation to Apply. For this, you must score a minimum of 6 bands in every component of the IELTS examination.
- Your character and health requirements must be met according to the basic standards.
- You must lodge the application for your visa 190 within 60 days of time after you receive your invitation for visa application.
What are the steps to be taken to apply for the Skilled Nominated Visa 190?
Applying for the Skilled Nominated Visa 190 can be quite confusing since even a smallest mistake in any of the application procedure can end up in your application getting rejected.
The immigration agent at our firm makes the processing of your visa application much easier and straightforward. Our general skilled migration experts will assist you in each step of your skilled migration visa and will ensure that your application is processed as soon as possible.
- You can schedule a consultation with our migration agent, and he/she will assess your skills and qualifications and assist you for the visa application.
- Conduct your English language skills assessment based on the points you score. Make sure you opt for the IELTS test and score a minimum of 6 bands in order to get an Invitation to Apply for the visa and be qualified.
Meanwhile, all your documents will be gathered and prepared by us. We will also check for any additional requirements to apply for the 190 Visa Australia.
- You must get a skills assessment done for the occupation for which you are nominated. The Australian Assessing Authority will conduct this assessment for your skilled occupation to check if you meet the eligibility requirements or not.
- Our expert will then guide you in the preparation and submission of the EOI or Expression of Interest through the SkillSelect Program.
- Once this submission is done, you must wait for the Department to send you an Invitation to Apply.
- When you receive the Invitation to Apply, your visa application will then begin to process.
- Your visa application will be processed in a timely manner since all your documents and paperwork would be gathered by us prior and all the necessary assessment would have been completed.
If you are already residing in Australia, you can stay there until your current visa gets expired and you will be granted with a bridging visa that would allow you to stay there.
- As soon as your visa application is accepted, we will immediately notify you about it and you will gain the permanent residency of Australia hassle-free.
How long will it take for the Visa 190 to process?
Once you receive the Invitation to Apply, you will get a time span of 60 days to apply for the 190 visa.
When your application is received by the Department of Immigration, they will then start to process your application. It is known that the average time to process 75% of the visa applications is 9 months but can vary depending upon various eligibility cases and circumstances of the visa applicant.
It is quite understood that the processing time of your application can change depending upon certain factors that are totally not in your hands. Such factors can be external agencies like police and health services taking time, or the Australian government conducting several checks in providing relevant information.
While these things are completely unavoidable, there are certain things that you can keep in mind or measure that you can take so that your application can be processed faster.
- Apply for the visa application by attaching all your necessary and required documents. Check that your application is completed before sending it.
- Be prompt to respond and reply to any necessary information the Department of Immigration asks you to give.
If you wish to apply for the Subclass 190 Provisional Visa, get in touch with us and our specialised experts in Australia immigration will get back to you to provide you with all the necessary assistance.
You can also seek more related information about the Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 by coordinating with our team that would help you out in solving all your queries and concerns.
Reach out to us and we will make sure that your dreams can come trues as well! You can settle and work in Australia without having to worry about anything and start a new life. All you need to do is talk to our expert and leave the rest to us. We will ensure that your 190 Visa application is processed smoothly and you become a permanent resident of Australia the easy way.