Quick Enquiry
Quick Enquiry Form
Yes, I would like to opt-in for Immigration Updates
Mailat Kansas Overseas Careers

Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 489)

Skilled Regional visa

Several regions of Australia that have a low-population & struggle to develop for this reason. As a solution, the Government associated to these regions looks for talent from outside and nominates them for a PR visa through the Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa- (subclass 489). On this visa, an eligible skilled professional can reside in Australia for a period of 4 years and become permanent resident.

  1. To apply for this visa, you must meet the following eligibility factors:

    • Be under 45 years of age
    • Hold Bachelor’s degree as minimum qualification
    • Have minimum 3 years relevant work experience
    • Eligible score on Australia’s points based grid
    • Nominate an occupation from applicable Skilled Occupation list

    Australia PR Points Calculator

    • Your partner
    • Your or your partner’s kid
    • Your or your partner’s relative

  2. This visa permits you and your dependents to:

    • Study in a predefined local zone of Australia
    • Temporarily live and work in an assigned provincial territory of Australia
    • To travel all through Australia while the visa is valid
    • To apply for permanent residency after certain conditions have been met

    Start Your Visa Process Now!

FAQs Section

Is subclass 489 visas a permanent visa?
The Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489 visa is a four-year visa helping professionals to live and work in regional areas for obtaining a permanent residency status.
The states/territories participating under the 489 visa are: • New South Wales • Northern Territory • Queensland • South Australia • Tasmania • Victoria • Western Australia
No, you will not be able to get a sponsorship if your nominated occupation is not listed in the Skilled Occupations List.
After your visa grant, the DIBP or the Department of Immigration and Border Protection permits you to relocate to a regional area within 3 months.
After obtaining the 489 visa grant, you need to stay at least two year to get considered for Australia Permanent Residence.
Read All
Review Date
Reviewed Item
I took help of Ms. Swathi M Australia Process Consultant. She made it work for me easily.
Author Rating

Note: We are a visa service provider & not any placement agency. We do not deal in any kind of direct placements/jobs but assistance only.

Best Immigration Destinations of the Year

Subscribe to Our Newsletter:

Sign up with your email address to receive latest news, visa updates and special offers.