Working holiday visa- subclass 417
The first time candidates who seek for a second working holiday visa from various countries can apply under this visa program offered by Australia. The countries included in this visa are:
- The Republic Of Cyprus
- Hong Kong
- Republic Of Korea
- Republic Of Ireland
The age of the candidate applying for this visa should be between 18-31 years.
The visa applications should be made outside Australia only if the candidate is a first time applying candidate for the working holiday visa program. The second time this application is made, the candidate can make it inside Australia.
Benefits of working holiday visa
- The visa allows the immigrant to stay in the country for 12 months.
- It also allows the immigrant to work to supplement his funds.
- The worker is allowed to work for 6 months.
- The candidate can also pursue his studies for 4 months in the province.
- If the applicant has received the visa, he can activate by moving to Australia within 12 months and hence for a further stay of 12 months
- The candidate is free to move in and out of the country in those 12 months any number of times. But note the time spent out is not excluded from the 12 month time. Thus, time cannot be extended for more than 12 months.
Extension of the working holiday visa
The visa under subclass 417 cannot be extended. Anyhow the applications can be made for the second time working holiday visa. The applications might be made from inside or outside the country. The condition required to apply for the visa is that the candidate should have completed at least 3 months in the region during the validity of the visa along with other normal criteria fulfilled.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- His age should be between 18-21 years.
- Shouldn’t have entered Australia ever before
- Application should be made outside India
- The time frame to stay in the province is 12 months
- No dependents will be allowed to immigrate along with the candidate
- He should meet the character and the health requirements
- Should also meet the financial requirements. Also, the adequacy of financial resources to support him for the period of 12 months should be proved.