How Do I Calculate My Points For Australia Immigration?
With a good quality of life and high healthcare benefits, Australia has surpassed nations like United Kingdom and America in immigration. The immigration to Australia is done on a point based system, in which the points are calculated as per the age, language, Nominated occupation, work experience, education and several other factors of the candidate. There is a minimum requirement of 65 points for the candidate to be eligible and get selected for the Australia immigration.
The Australian immigration can be carried through the General Skilled Migration Program, and for this the candidate should choose a skilled occupation which matches with their profile in the Australia Skilled Occupations List (SOL). Then, depending upon the skill types, there are different programs through which the candidate can avail his Australian PR visa. These programs are:
- Skilled Independent Visa (Sub Class 189)
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Sub Class 190)
- Skilled Regional or Provisional Visa (Sub Class 489)
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Sub Class 485)
- Skilled Regional Visa (Sub Class 887)
- Temporary Work Visa (Sub Class 457)
How does the Australia PR Points Calculator work?
The points of the candidate will determine whether he/she will be able to migrate with the Australia PR status or not.
The crucial factors for points calculation are –
- Age – The candidate within the age range of 25 to 32 years can gain maximum points of 30, while there is 0 points allocation for candidates above 45 years.
- Education – The candidate should have a minimum graduation certificate in order to apply for an Australian visa. However, the more the experience, the higher the points he/she can score. Highest accepted degree is of doctorate level, gaining 20 points as the maximum.
- Language efficiency – Those candidates whose native language is not English, they need to prove their proficiency in the English language by taking the IELTS examination. In this, the candidate with 8 bands or above is given 20 points, and the one with 7 bands get 10 points and those below 6 bands get 0 points.
- Employment – Remember, Australia is looking for skilled candidates in domains listed on the Australia Skilled Occupation and precisely with an experience of min 3 years (related to their education) gained in the past ten years. There are points awarded separately for less skilled experience and maximum points for candidates with more than 8 years of experience. For those candidates whose experience is from “within Australia” there are maximum 20 points and for those whose experience is from “outside Australia,” there are 15 points as maximum.
Additional Factors like below can boost the points and enhance the application success:
- Australian Education – If the candidate has an educational qualification from Australia which includes any degree, diploma or certificate, then there is an allocation of 5 extra points for the candidate.
- Community language skills – There is an extra 5-point allocation for someone who can speak the translator or interpreter language of one of Australia’s Community. In this, the skills of the candidate need to be recognized through the National Accreditation Authority of Translators and Interpreters (NAATI).
- Spouse skills and qualifications – If the candidate includes his/her spouse in the immigration application, there are chances of gaining 5 extra points for eligible factors like spouse age, language, occupation, etc.
- Professional year– In the last 4 years if the candidate has completed an educational degree in Australia, then to he/she can claim an extra 5 points for this factor.
- Nomination and Sponsorship (Sub Class 190 and Sub Class 489 only) – Candidates with exemplary skills who are nominated by an Australian state or territory are also eligible for extra points.
Now that you know a brief on how to calculate your points for Australia immigration, there are several crucial aspects that need to be taken care of while doing so. From knowing the right points of age to determining your occupation code, you will always need an expert hand in calculating your points on an Australia PR points calculator. Hence, for a hassle-free and quick calculation of your Australia immigration points, connect to the immigration experts of Kansas Overseas Careers® today! For instant consultation call 040-40307077.