How Can I Get PR In Australia After Completion Of My Studies?

Posted by Admin on February 5, 2019

How Can I Get PR In Australia After Completion Of My Studies?

After you complete your studies in Australia there are multiple options opened in front of you to choose from. All these options will help you get closure towards your Australia PR.  Let’s explore these options a little further.

Opt for higher studies

Most international students, who choose to study overseas, especially in Australia, choose to get their advanced degree to extend their stay in the country. For this, you need to apply for a new Student Visa before the current visa tenure gets expired. You must also ensure you can cover up all your expense and have applied for the courses you intend to take before the deadline.

Returning home after graduation

Many students, who travel to study overseas on student visa, prefer returning to their home country after they have completed their studies. However, before returning home, you have to cancel all your services like electricity, bank accounts, mobile phones, pay off your bills and end your lease with your landlord.

Extending your stay In Australia

  • Apply for a tourist visa and spend some time exploring the beautiful country
  • Apply for the tourist visa and wait to attend your graduation ceremony
  • People in the age group of 18 to 30 can opt for Work and Holiday Visa and spend maximum 12 months working in the country.
  • You can stay and work for the same employer for as long as you wish if he/she decides to sponsor you under the Employer Nomination Scheme.
  • The Department of Immigration and Border Protection offers Temporary Graduate visa that allows student to stay back for maximum 18 months for skill development.

Applying for Australia PR

After you have stayed in Australia for considerable time-period on student visa and completed your studies you can apply to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for PR under the Skill Select Migration Program. After skill assessment under point test, you may get Australia PR under the following schemes.

  • Skilled Independent Visa
  • Employer Nomination Scheme
  • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

For more information on Australia PR, Student visa and studying overseas in countries like Australia and Canada, get in touch with Kansas Overseas Careers immigration and study abroad consultants near you.