Canada Family Visa -Eligibility Criteria For The Spouse
Maple leaf nation understands how significant family is and it is committed to bringing families together. Hence it offers an opportunity for Canada Citizens as well as Permanent Residents to reunite with their family under Canada family visa.
The family forms a significant part of human life. Family members share both up’s and down, in the society, there is greater need to have real and best families because they help form good communities and as a result, good society and a good nation comes into existence.
For immigration to Canada, both Canadian citizens, as well as Canada Permanent Residents, can sponsor their common-law partner/spouse.
Eligibility Criteria for the Spouse
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Should be in common law relationship or must be legally married.
- If the couple got married in Canada, they must be having in possession, the marriage certificate issued by the provincial government or state or territory.
- If the marriage ceremony takes place outside Canada, then it must be valid according to the law of the nation, where it has taken place and Canadian law. However, if the couple gets married in consulate or embassy, then it must be valid according to the law of the nation where it has performed rather than the country represented by the consulate or embassy.
- Should not be suffering from any critical and severe medical condition.
- Must not have a record of any Criminal offences or convictions.
To sponsor, you should meet the below requirements
- Age should be more than 18 years of age.
- Should be either Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident of Canada.
- Should be able to support the sponsored family member during the initial period of stay. The period for which the support provided varies between 3 to 10 years period, based on the relationship they have with their family member.
A significant point to remember
In the past, if you have sponsored any member and that individual has taken support from the Canadian government after coming to Canada, then you would not be eligible to sponsor anyone.
Are you interested to know more about Canada immigration, get in touch with our Kansas Overseas Careers Canada Immigration Consultants. They would assist you about the process of Canada PR and Family Visa.