Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program- AIPP
1. What is Atlantic immigration pilot program?
Canada has taken an initiative for a smoother process for professionals with a low qualifying score. In this view, the Canadian Government introduced the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program. This program is for the foreign workers who wish to live and work in Atlantic regions of Canada including
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland & Labrador
The government has announced that through Canada AIPP over 2000 eligible professionals will be invited for Canada PR. This immigration program has come into effect since March 2017 and will be open till 2021.
2. What are the benefits of Canada AIPP in 2019?
- Live, work and settle in Atlantic region of Canada.
- Fast-track visa process
- Ideal for candidates with less CRS
- Simple and easy non-express entry application procedure
- Less IELTS score accepted
3. Why Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program is introduced?
There is a severe shortage of skilled immigrants in the Atlantic regions. To meet the skills gap at a faster pace, the Canadian Government has decided to invite skilled professionals on AIPP
The Government of Canada is increasing the number of skilled immigrants and their family members. They obtain permanent residence through the AIPP this year.
Admissions targets through the AIPP are set at 2,000 for 2019 and 4,000 for 2020. Canada’s Minister of Immigration and immigration refugees, Ahmed Hussen, announced the increase after a meeting. This meeting includes the provincial government of Canada’s four Atlantic Provinces.
The 3 major categories have been designed for various applicants. The applicants eligible for any of the following categories get a chance to apply for PR through the AIPP:
Atlantic High Skilled Program:
This program category is for foreign nationals who have completed their high school education. They should also hold an employment offer in “national occupational classification” Skill Level 0, A, or B.
Atlantic Intermediate Skilled Program:
This program is for workers who have a one-year full-time employment offer. The employment should be in NOC level 0, A, B or C from any employer of the Atlantic provinces and at least high school education.
Atlantic International Graduate Program:
The programme is for international student graduates. The student should have one year’s full-time employment in NOC skill level 0, A, B or C.
4. What is the eligibility requirements to apply for AIPP?
|Parameters||Requirement for Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program||Requirement for Atlantic High-Skilled Program||Requirement for Atlantic International Graduate Program|
|Job offer||Candidates need a full-time job offer in the NOC list 0, A or B level from any Atlantic province employer organization.||Candidates need a full-time job offer in NOC 0, A, B, or C level from any Atlantic province employer.||Candidates need a full time 1 year’s job offer in NOC 0, A, B or C level from any Atlantic province employer.|
|Work Experience||Min. 1 yr relevant overseas work experience.||Not required|
|Qualification||Min. High School||At least post-secondary diploma (2 yrs.) from a funded institution of the Atlantic region.|
|English language Skills||CLB 4 in IELTS English or French.|
|Validation||Letter of Endorsement|
*international applicants need to get their education accessed through Educational Credential Assessment.
5. How is AIPP different from the other Canada Permanent residency programs?
- Secondary Education is accepted: Through the AIPP, Canada accepts secondary education. It also accepts occupation-specific training. The training should relate to the required education criteria for the program.
- NOC level C category is accepted: Skilled workers who hold work experience in any occupation of the NOC Level C are also accepted. In the Express Entry Programs, this provision is not accepted.
- Language skill need is low: A candidate who doesn’t higher IELTS score for Canada PR is accepted. CLB4 is the least criteria for English language skills for AIPP.
Thus, the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP) is an excellent immigration opportunity. This programme helps applicants who are unable to receive their ITA through Canada Express Entry or get a work permit.
To know how we can help you apply for a PR visa through the AIPP and search for a job for the AIPP, leave us a message and our Canadian immigration expert will contact you with more information.
6. Where is the Atlantic region in Canada?
The Atlantic region is located on the east coast of Canada.
7. How many Canadian provinces are in the Atlantic region?
There are four provinces which are part of the Atlantic Region are:
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
8. Is it necessary to have a job offer for immigration through AIPP?
Yes, it is mandatory for you to have to an offer letter from the employer from the Atlantic region. Yet, the advantage is that the designated employers are not required to apply for “Labour market impact assessment” or “LMIA”. LMIA is one of the reasons employer otherwise don’t provide work permits in 2019.
9. What is the processing time for an Atlantic immigration pilot visa?
There is no set processing time for AIPP process. The programme success is based on obtaining the offer letter from the designated employer of the Atlantic Region. Yet, once you are able to get employment, the processing time by citizenship Canada is 6months.
10. What are the requirements the designated employer has to meet before issuing an offer letter to foreign nationals?
- The Employer has to prove that they were unable to hire locally.
- To become designated, the employer has to show the business in good standing.
- Intent to work with a service provider organization on settlement service and retention.
- Commit to working a settlement plan with the foreign workers.
11. If I plan to migrate here, then later on after a few years if I want to move to any other province, is that possible?
Yes, AIPP or other Provincial Nominee Program is “plan B” for potential immigrants. Once you gain a year’s full-time employment, you will be able to have a better chance of obtaining a Canadian permanent residence.
How Kansas® assist candidate who wants immigrate to Canada through AIPP?
Kansas® has a dedicated team which works on Canada’s immigration services and
- Job Search Service Help by Experts
- High impression Resume from international CV specialist
- Interview Preparation Help by Senior Recruiters.
- Documentation and Process.
- Process Educational Credential assessment.
- Help with the permanent resident application.
- Job Search Service- Over 50 Job postings are made
How Kansas® CV writing assist in the settlement in Canada?
Each professional needs a perfect resume. The CV represents skills or level of expertise to find a career path. Every day thousands of job applications are received by HR. This is because of an easy online process.
But can we be sure that all the profiles reach HR’s inbox?
A third party tool called Application Tracking System acts as a mediator between the candidate’s application and HR. The ATS CVs based on the keywords, Job title, skills, work experience besides filtering out profiles with graphics or symbols.
Kansas® resume writing team is expertise in designing professional resumes. These resumes are prepared as per country and region standards. We ensure all resumes made by our experts will pass through an applicant tracking system. This method helps to increase the chances to get responses from the Employer.
Why Kansas® is the best Canada immigration consultant?
Kansas® is one of the preferred immigration consultants in India. We ensure you an error-free and risk-free assistance for Canada visa. We are reputed for providing our clients with quality, performance, service, and assistance.
- We provide immigration counseling to our clients as the very first step and for which we do not charge anything.
- Then we review the client profile in detail and check the chances of their visa approval. We then proceed with the necessary documentation and finally submit the application.
- Even after the submission, we never stop we maintain the necessary communication with our clients.
At Kansas®, besides providing consultation for Canada visa both temporary and PR we also provide similar assistance