Federal Skilled Trade Worker Visa (FSTW)
People who want to immigrate to Canada and have specialised skills in any specific trade can apply for a Canada PR visa under the Federal Skilled Trades Worker Program of Canada Express Entry. The basic criteria to obtain this visa for Canada immigration is to have a valid job in hand and the ability to economically contribute skills & experience in a firm position after immigration to Canada.
Who can migrate to Canada under FSTW visa program?
To be able to apply for a Canada PR visa under FSTW visa program, it is mandatory that the occupant must hold skills and experience in any of the occupations belonging to the following categories.
As this category features occupations of moderate labour market requirement, a cap of 100 applications for each year is fixed for this category occupations:
- 7202 Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- 7204 Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
- 7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
- 7271 Carpenters
- 7301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- 7302 Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews
- 8211 Supervisors, logging and forestry
- 8221 Supervisors, mining and quarrying
- 8222 Contractors and supervisors, oil and gas drilling services
- 8241 Logging machinery operators
- 8252 Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers
- 9211 Supervisors, mineral and metal processing
- 9212 Supervisors, petroleum, gas and chemical processing and utilities
- 9214 Supervisors, plastic and rubber products manufacturing
- 9231 Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing
- 9241 Power engineers and power systems operators
- 9243 Water and waste treatment plant operators
This category consists of occupations that are high in demand for Canada immigration. For this reason, there is no cap fixed for this occupations category:
- 7231 Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors
- 7233 Sheet metal workers
- 7235 Structural metal and plate work fabricators and fitters
- 7236 Ironworkers
- 7237 Welders and related machine operators
- 7241 Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- 7242 Industrial electricians
- 7243 Power system electricians
- 7244 Electrical power line and cable workers
- 7245 Telecommunications line and cable workers
- 7246 Telecommunications installation and repair workers
- 7251 Plumbers
- 7252 Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers
- 7253 Gas fitters
- 7311 Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
- 7312 Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- 7313 Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
- 7314 Railway carmen/women
- 7315 Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
- 7318 Elevator constructors and mechanics
- 7371 Crane operators
- 7372 Drillers and blasters – surface, mining, quarrying and construction
- 7373 Water well drillers
- 8231 Underground production and development miners
- 8232 Oil and gas well drillers, servicers, testers and related workers
- 9232 Petroleum, gas and chemical process operator
On the whole, a total of 3000 applications are accepted each year for Canada Permanent Residency under this visa program.
Important aspects to be considered for Canada PR visa application under FSTW program:
- Desire to work & reside anywhere in Canada except Quebec
- Have min. 2 years of full-time work experience in the past 5 years (and in the nominated occupation)
- Should have experience and ability to perform all the duties and tasks associated with the nominated occupation from the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
- Fulfill English language requirement- CLB 5 for speaking & listening and CLB for reading & writing
- Have a full-time employment offer valid for next one year or certification of qualification (issued by a provincial or territorial body) in the respective skilled trade.
Is Federal Skilled Trades Worker Program for you?
We have a team of experts who can help you know whether you qualify for a Permanent Resident Visa for Canada under this program. Kindly drop us a message here and one of our Experts will get back to you for a Quick Assessment over a call.