Canada PR Cost
Canada is known to be one of the most liberal, safe, prosperous and culturally rich countries in the world. It is a developed nation that allows easy entry and exit of non-residents for both employment and settlement purposes. Owing to this reason, many Indians are trying to obtain Canada Permanent Residency Visa and realize their dream of securing one of the best living standards for themselves and their families.
Once you have applied and selected for Canada immigration you will have to make only a onetime payment, and this is the best part of Canada Immigration that attracts most of the people. If you are applying through the Express entry program you will have to pay nothing, however you might have to pay some extra processing fee of you are applying through the provincial nominee program.
The entire process of Immigrating to Canada will cost you around 1700 and 1800 Canadian Dollars. Apart from this if you are migrating to Canada with your Family you will have to carry an additional amount as a processing fee to complete all the procedure till you reach Canada. A standard amount of 10,000 Canadian Dollars or above should be available with you in Cash, Cheque or bank deposits which you need to show to the Consulate at the time of Immigration.
At Kansas Overseas Careers®, we help you realize your Canada immigration dreams. We pride ourselves as being one of the best immigration Consultants in the country as we will help you in attaining your dream of immigration to Canada in one go. Since the very beginning, Kansas® has craved and delivered excellence in the field of immigration. We have knowledgeable professionals who will ensure a smooth and comfortable immigration process for you.
Processing fee for Immigrating to Canada
The total expenditure of immigrating to Canada includes expenses of visa application fees, medical examination fees, airfares to Canada, English language (IELTS) test fees, etc. This cost can however very depending on the factors like how many members are accompanying, place of accommodation, and other miscellaneous factors. Then there are few other fixed costs that you must meet mandatorily. Here is a description of the costs involved:-
Economic Class Application
1. Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP) category:
Primary Applicant – 550$
Secondary Candidate (Spouse / Common-law partner) = 550$
2. Permanent residence fee:
Primary Applicant – 490$
Secondary Candidate (Spouse / Common-law partner) = 490$
Children (Under 22 years of age) = 150$ each
3. Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP) category:
Primary Applicant – C$785
Spouse or de facto spouse – C$168
Each dependent child = C$168
4. Provincial Nominee Program:
The exact cost involves in receiving a Provincial Nominee Program will depend on the Province you are migrating bases on the general agreement
- Primary Applicant – 550$
- Secondary Candidate (Spouse / Common-law partner) = 550$
- Children (Under 22 years of age) = 150$ each
5. Fee for Ontario Provincial Nomination Program (OINP):
Many skilled workers apply for a visa via the Provincial Nominee Program because it is the capital province and hence assures better opportunity in comparison to the rest of the country. In order to be eligible for nomination from Ontario,
- Your Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) must be 400 or above.
- Ontario sends Notification of Interest (NOI) only to those applicants who have a CRS score of 400 or above.
- Once you get NOI, you can apply for the PNP from Ontario by paying a fees of CAD$1500.
6. Fee for Saskatchewan Immigration Nomination Program (SINP):
Saskatchewan Immigration Nomination Program (SINP) is another preferred way to enter Canada. If you are willing to move to Saskatchewan province of Canada, a fee amounting to CAD$ 300 is to be paid for the process of Saskatchewan nomination.
Miscellaneous Canada PR Cost
1. Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is about 200 Canadian Dollar:
Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is the very first and primary cost that you will have to incur while you are immigrating for Canada. ECA is composed of diverse bodies from where you can get an assessment of your educational credentials, based on the subjects you have studied. World Education Services (WES) is one such ECA body which is widely accepted in Canada and other parts of the world. .
2. IELTS test fee is about 12,000 INR or 150 Canadian Dollar:
IELTS is the popular English language proficiency test which you will have to qualify if you want to be eligible for immigrating to Canada. Following are the things that you should know about IELTS examination
- IELTS is an examination qualifying which will prove the efficiency of your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in English.
- A single attempt of IELTS examination charges you a standard fees of RS 12,000 which stands around 150 Canadian Dollar.
- The test is quite costly therefore you must make it quite sure that you qualify it in the first attempt.
In case you are unable to qualify for the test every other preparation for your Canada Immigration will be wasted. Good immigration consultant like Kansas® can help you clear the IELTS examination in one go.
3. Permanent Residence (PR fee or RPRF) fee:
- Primary Applicant: CAN $490
- Secondary Applicant: CAN $490
- Child Applicant: CAN $150
- Permanent Resident Fee is the fee you give to the Government of Canada as a processing expense for Permanent Resident Visa. CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) grants you the right to be a Permanent Resident of Canada after you pay this fee and for that reason, this fee is also called Right to Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF).
- The primary applicant needs to pay Canadian $490. Similarly, a secondary applicant has to pay same amount of $490. In case any child is accompanying you, an extra fee of Canadian $150 per child is to be paid. This fee is mandatory to be paid and is non-refundable in case your visa application is rejected.
4. Medical fee which is about Rs.5000 – 9000:
Medical fee is another cost that you will have to bear in the process of applying Canada Immigration. One of the primary condition of immigration to a country is to assure the government that you are not a potential threat to the existing residents of that country.
This applies not on in reference to the Canada PR but for any other country as well. You will have to prove yourself as a healthy applicant who does not possess any threat to the people of Canada with communicable disease like Tuberculosis, Hepatitis eligible to e if you want to be eligible as a Permanent Resident of Canada.
5. Biometrics fees is mandatory which is about 85 Canadian Dollar:
The Canadian Government has made biometrics a mandate from the ongoing year for the visa applications. The following things should be kept in mind about biometrics
- Every applicant who want to apply for a visitor, study, work and Permanent Residency Visa must mandatorily provide biometrics as a part of the new immigration policies.
- As a biometric fees every applicant needs to pay 85 Canadian Dollar which stands around 4,860 INR applicable for everyone within the age group of 14 Years to 79 Years.
6. Passport Cost is approximately within 1000 to 2000 INR:
After applying for the visa the Canadian authorities validate your identity through your passport for which they charge a nominal fees approximately between 1000 to Rs. 2,000. Please keep in mind that this price is per person and it will go up if more persons are accompanying with you.
7. Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) and other miscellaneous costs:
Apart from all the above mentioned expenses and costs, there are certain types of payments that are situational but you will have to bear as part of the visa approval process. Some of these costs are
- State nomination fees
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
These certificates must be obtained so that you can present yourself as a clean citizen without any criminal back ground. You must remember that if you have any ongoing charges or court case in your name you are prohibited to leave the country. Other additional cost will include Spouse’s IELTS and Spouse Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
Managing Funds for Immigration to Canada
When you are travelling to a country you must be financially capable for sponsoring your stay in the country so that you do not become a liability or the country or end up in debt traps. Hence showing adequate proofs of your financial capability is mandatory to get primary residency in Canada. Availing visa under programs like Express Entry, Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and Federal Trade Worker Program (FSTP) requires to show income proofs.
Though for visa under Canadian Experience Class, it is not mandatory to showcase funds. If you are applying under Provincial Nomination Programs (PNPs) you might or might not require to show the fund proof but it will depend on the province though which you will apply for the visa.
Your funds showing must be your original assets and it should not be borrowed money, for it will not be considered as your proof of fund. Some of the prominently accepted forms of assets are:
- Savings account Balance
- Bonds, shares, debentures, etc.
- Other similar Financial assets
Fund Requirements on the basis of size of the family/number of members immigrating to Canada:
Number of Family Members
Funds Required (in Canadian dollars)
For each additional family member
Disclaimer: The figures mentioned in the above table are in complete accordance as per the current guidelines of the CIC. Any amendments or addition in the fund requirement policies can be declared by the Canada Immigration department immediately without any prior notice.
Funds you should bring to Canada while Immigrating
So the amount of money that you can bring with yourself to Canada will completely depend on your personal discretion. However, the government of Canada has put certain laws limiting the amount of money you are carry to the country. As per the regulations of the Canadian customs if you are carrying an amount more than 10,000 Canadian Dollar you will have to declare that to the Canadian Government. If you miss the declaration by any chance and you are found out, your funds could be seized by the authority.
Following are the financial mediums through which you are allowed to bring your funds in Canada
- Documents That Show Property Or Capital Payable To You, Such As:
- Treasury Bills
- Documents That Guarantee Payment Of A Set Amount Of Money, Which Are Payable To You, Such As:
- Banker’s Drafts
- Travellers’ Cheques
- Money Orders
Essential documents which you must show in order to immigrate to Canada
There are some essential documents that you must produce before the consulate immediately after you receive the ITA. But you should arrange these documents much before so that your visa approval would not get delayed. You must have adequate proof that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependents like spouse, kids, parents or siblings up to a period of three months.
However if you have a job offer with you before you migrate to Canada you will be exempted from arranging such documents. These documents include
- Passport Procurement Costs
- Medical Certificate Fees
- Permanent Residency Application and Right of Permanent Residency Costs
- Proof of Funds
How Kansas® Can Help You In Achieving Your Dream?
Even though a lot of people are immigrating to Canada, many applications for Permanent Residency (PR) also get refused due to various reasons. One of the main reasons for rejection is submission of incorrect or incomplete documents by the clients. This can be avoided when you have an immigration consultant at your service. We provide right mentorship when it comes to immigration process. Our team has the complete knowledge of the immigration proceedings and the latest changes in rules and regulations. Thus, we will do our best to guide our clients in the best possible manner for immigration to Canada.
Our organized modus operandi can be explained to you in the following manner
- Our clients receive free visa assistance, which is the first step for immigration. The experienced and efficient immigration staff at Kansas® provides right counseling to choose the appropriate pathway for their career.
- After diligently reviewing client profiles, we move ahead and process those who are most likely to obtain Canadian Permanent Residency. We are a team of competent Canada immigration Consultants who provide timely and useful assistance to our clients on a regular basis.
- Our relationship and commitment to you does not end with your successful immigration to Canada. This is another reason why you should choose Kansas® are your immigration consultants. We also provide special Job Search assistance to our primary profile member as a complimentary service.
This ensures that you continue to enjoy peace of mind and stress-free living even after migrating to Canada.
Following are some of our qualities that make us an authorized Canada immigration consultant
- We are an immigration consultant registered under ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council) which is the regulatory body under which the Immigration services are registered.
- We are legally authorized by ICCRC to represent a client
- We have a permanent physical address and a proper office setup where you can locate us not only in Mumbai but also in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai and Vizag.
- We have a functional website that provides all the necessary information about the services we offer.
At Kansas® we provide your assistance if you are willing to apply for any of the following type of visa
- highly skilled migrants
- sole representatives
- business persons
- innovators and investors
- working visitors
- family and dependents
We also help in preparation for visa application interviews and receiving permanent resident cards guiding you in filing your forms, drafting of your cover letter and even obtaining the application submission date. We operate in the following manner to serve you in better way: –
- Evaluating the visas/immigration eligibility.
- Informing the client about the latest rules and regulations of the Canadian embassy.
- Looking out for alternative visa options.
- Offering optional strategies if you have low visa approval chances.
- Assistance in collecting the necessary documents and filing them.
- Assistance in submitting the application in a proper channel to the issuing authorities.
We have a hard-earned reputation, both nationally and internationally, for providing clients with smooth and practical immigration advice. At Kansas® we always believe that the very first step for a smooth immigration is an error free documentation and upright consultation.
Hence, we maintain a highly professional team having top notch experience in dealing with the immigration. Before promising you a successful immigration we will always verify if you have all the requisites as mentioned by the Canadian Embassy for a successful immigration. Our visa experts will immediately asses your profile and let you know your chances of getting a visa approval.
We aim to make our services to become user-friendly so that we can provide immigration solution to everyone who is looking to migrate to Canada. We strive to provide effective and timely assistance to our clients which makes us highly preferable by the people who are immigrating to Canada.
If you are looking to immigrate to Canada, get in touch with us at Kansas Overseas Careers®.