Canada Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP)
Visa under the Provincial Nominee Program of Canada is one of the most preferred medium of getting to Canadian permanent residence.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) allows Canadian provinces and territories to nominate immigration aspirants immigrate to Canada and who are interested in settling down in a specific province of Canada.
Every province of Canada except the territories of Nunavut and Quebec has their unique rules and eligibilities of Provincial Nominee Program. Moreover, every PNP has at least one immigration stream that is associated with the selection system of the Federal Express Entry immigration.
Provincial nominations which are issued under the Express Entry-aligned policies are known as “enhanced nominations” and grant the Express Entry candidates an additional 600 points on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS Score) points.
Since there are more than numerous provincial immigration programs, choosing the one that suits you the best may be challenging. Following are some of the prominent provincial nominee programs of Canada which are preferred by the Indians:
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is the Provincial Nominee Program of Alberta. Prospective immigrants with the right skills and work experience acquired by the province as will receive an Alberta Provincial Nomination Certificate with the help of this program
AINP further consists of the following immigration programs:
- Alberta Opportunity Stream – This program allows individuals who can meet the minimum eligibility criteria and are working in Alberta as a professional in one of the occupations eligible to apply for an AINP provincial nomination.
- Alberta Express Entry Stream – This program allows the Government of Alberta to nominate only the eligible candidates selected from Canada’s Express Entry system. An applicant who receives successful nomination under this stream will be able to score 600 additional points towards their Comprehensive Ranking System Score.
- Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream – Under this stream of immigration individuals who have their experience in farming and funds to purchase and develop a farm in Alberta can apply for permanent residence.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
The provincial immigration program of Manitoba comprises of streams that are designed to nominate only for skilled professional and their dependents who want to work and live in the province of Manitoba permanently. The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) is currently undergoing a renewal process.
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
With the help of NBPNP, prospective immigrants who have the required skills and experience as targeted by the province will receive a provincial nomination certificate by New Brunswick. With this nomination, foreign nationals may then apply for Canadian permanent residence. The New Brunswick PNP accepts applications under the following immigration categories:
- Express Entry Labour Market Stream
- Skilled Workers with Employer Support
- Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
- Entrepreneurial Stream
- Skilled Workers with Family Support
- Succession Connect pilot program
Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP)
Under this program, prospective immigrants who have the skills and experience as required by the province may receive a nomination from Newfoundland and Labrador.
The NLPNP accepts applications under the below-mentioned immigration categories:
- Newfoundland & Labrador Express Entry Skilled Worker
- Skilled Worker Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Entrepreneur Category
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP)
Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)
The NSNP (Nova Scotia Nominee Program) accepts applications under the following immigration streams:
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
- Skilled Worker Stream
- Entrepreneur Stream
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
- Physician Stream
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
Under OINP (Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program) prospective immigrants who have the skills and experience as set by the province as eligibility criteria will receive a provincial nomination from Ontario, only after receiving which they will be applied for a Canadian permanent residence. The OINP accepts applications under the following immigration categories:
- Human Capital Category
- Employer Job Offer Category
- Business Category
Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
The PEI PNP (Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program) accepts applications under three major immigration categories:
- PEI PNP Express Entry
- Labour Impact Category
- Business Impact Category
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
The SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program) accepts applications under the following categories:
- International Skilled Worker Category
- Saskatchewan Experience Category
- Entrepreneur and Farm Category
Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
The NTNP (Northwest Territories Nominee Program) accepts applications under two programs, one of which has three distinct streams:
- Northwest Territories Employer-Driven Program:
- Express Entry System for Skilled Workers
- Skilled Worker
- Critical Impact Worker
- Northwest Territories Business Immigration Program:
- Business Stream
Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
The YNP (Yukon Nominee Program) consists of the following programs:
- Yukon Express Entry (YEE)
- Skilled Worker
- Critical Impact Worker
- Business Nominee
Benefits of applying for Canada PNP program
With the right education, experience, skills, and ability, a person can become eligible to get a visa under PNP. Many candidates have been settled in Canada and contributing towards the economic development of the specific province or territory.
The program is an easy way to get entered into the desired province of Canada. People who want to live and work in a specific province or territory can have a better opportunity. The country ensures speedy processing, and it is a fast-track way for those who want to secure the Canadian Permanent Residency.
Following are some benefits of visa for Canada under Provincial Nominee Program:
- Eligible applicants get PR instantly.
- Applicants may bring along their family who are eligible to enjoy the similar status that of the primary applicant.
- Easy access to healthcare facilities. The candidate can also get an education at a subsidized rate.
- Restriction-free travel, both inside and outside the country. However, aspirants are restricted from settling permanently in some other province or territory.
- Get a nomination directly from the province instead of being in the Express Entry pool
- You can avail provincial benefits after landing in the province
- You can select your desired province to get settled down
- Most of the PNP programs do not need a job offer; hence you can apply to the maximum.
- You will get additional points depending on your area of training.
Benefits after Getting PR through PNPs
- Live in Canada for an indefinite time
- Study and work anywhere in the province
- Enroll in the Canadian healthcare system to avail benefits
- Get protection under Canadian law
- Avail social and family security services
- Sponsor living of your parents, spouse, kids, and relatives
How to apply for a Canada PNP Visa?
#Step 1: To receive a Canada PNP Visa you need to prepare yourself step by step. First, you need to get ready with all the documents that are required by the provincial government. This will save any delay for the approval of your visa document. Here is a list of common document requirements for Provincial Nominee Program:
- A signed declaration letter by principal applicant and their family members
- Additional signed declaration form of your dependents
- Documents related to your history, i.e., for past work experience, identity proofs, educational documents,
- Documents related to your dependent member ( partner/spouse, child, and parents)
- Your valid documents related to travel documents (visa with valid date, passport)
- Proof of your language proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc.,)
- Civil or legal documents which indicate your name, father’s name, date of birth, etc.
- Police clearance certificate
- Medical Proof documents
- Your recent photographs
#Step 2: The next step is to self asses your profile and knows the Eligibilities and Requirements of Canada Provincial Nominee Program. In order to immigrate to a province, you should meet the minimum requirements criteria provided by each of the provinces. Each province and territory are having their streams and eligibility criteria for their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Also, these change frequently without notice. As a candidate, you must fulfill all the provincial program requirements which are as follows:
- Must be above the age of 21 years.
- Need to score the required eligibility under the point’s grid.
- Your job must be included in the in-demand occupations list of the province.
- You must have work experience in the relevant profession.
- Need to have sufficient language proficiency according to the CLB and other requirements
#Step 3: Once you are done with the above two steps you can apply for a PNP program either through non-Express Entry or through Express Entry. These are the only two modes which are available for application; let us know then in detail.
Apply via the Express Entry
Most of the PNP programs are aligned with the Express Entry System. Once you create a profile with Express Entry, you will be in the pool of candidates. If you meet the requirements of any province, then, they can choose your profile and provide a nomination. Once you obtain an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from any province or your desired province, you can apply for the Candian Permanent Residency status.
Apply to a PNP directly
If you have planned or chosen a province, then you can easily apply for that province. Below are the steps to apply for a province:
- Select a provincial PNP program
- Fulfill the eligibility criteria and fill the form
- Get selected/nominated from that province
- Receive a Nomination letter
- Apply for permanent residency status in Canada at Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Processing time of Canada PNP Visa
After submitting your application to the provincial government, you will not receive any reply from them up to 6 months. They will analyze each and everything by verifying your documents. However, processing time varies from profile to profile. If you submit all the requirements correctly, then there is a chance to get a nomination from the province a bit faster.
Every day nearly thousands of applications are received to all the provinces of Canada. Many of them get rejected due to improper documents submission or by not meeting the required eligibility. The response from the province is received to only those candidates who can prove themselves eligible as per the academic, professional, business requirements.
Applying for a Canadian Provincial Nomination from India
Canadian provinces select and nominate potential candidates through Provincial Nominee Programs. Provinces nominate individuals who are interested in settling in Canada permanently. The Provincial Nomination Programs are the fastest way of obtaining Permanent Residency for Indians. Also, the system adds a plus point; it helps the Indians to get settled in their desired province. In Canada, there are a majority of Indian communities throughout the country. Canada has 10 provinces, and all of them have their immigration programs with different categories. Ontario, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia are the mostly preferred provinces by Indians.
You can apply for a PNP Visa via express Entry or directly applying to the provinces of PNP. If you are an Indian and would like to apply for PNP program for Canadian Immigration, then you need to check your eligibility by meeting to us. You can have your Canada PR Card within months. Get yourself registered for our ‘Free Assessment Form‘ and get started for the visa process. The Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) nominate potential skilled worker, international students and business professionals to fulfill their local labor market and economy.
Cost of Canada PNP Visa
A fee will be applicable for each province you are applying for. Following as the list of the cost incurred in the process:
- The PNP program will cost you, 550 CAD
- 550 CAD will be charged for your Permanent Resident application
- For medical 250 CAD will be charged
- Fee for the Right of Permanent Residency is 490 CAD.
- For the temporary visa, you will be charged 190 for each visa.
- So the total cost stands approx. 1790-184 CAD
Difference between Canada PR visa and PNP Visa
Express Entry Program 2019:
To get Canadian permanent residency by means of Express Entry, you need to have a CRS score equal to or more than 440 points (based on the most recent Express Entry draw requirements). If you are unable to match the needs of the score, then, you can choose the Provincial Nominee Programs. However, regardless of whether you are moving with PNP or not, having an express entry profile is fundamental as the same PNPs also have their respective express Entry linked subcategory or streams for which an express entry account is needful.
The Express Entry System is a point-based system introduced by the Canadian government. It is considered as the fastest pathway to get Canada PR for 2019. Applicants who are willing to apply through this federal system need to score least 67 points out of 100 under the point’s grid for Express Entry.
A Positive factor for Express Entry: Less handling time
A Negative factor for Express Entry: The too high score requirement generally going from 430 to 450 CRS.
Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) 2019
Whatever may be the chosen pathway, either PNP or Express Entry, you need to connect with qualified and experienced Canada immigration specialists like us. Kansas Overseas Career® is a prestigious Visa and Immigration Consultancy in India. We employ professionals to help several candidates each year to move to Canada.
Each Canadian territory and province has a Provincial Nominee Program. Through these PNPs, Canadian regions welcome and select the qualified, skilled professional for their areas. Each PNP has a distinctive procedure and requirements. To the extent processing time is concerned, each PNP has a different handling time of applications.
Positives: It is an excellent choice for getting PR if you hold occupation is sought after/ in-demand
Negatives: Processing time is too high. It may take over 1.5 years or even 2 years depending on the demand.
How can Kansas® help you in attaining Canada Visa under the Provincial Nominee Program?
Even though a lot number of people are immigrating, many applications for Permanent Residency (PR) get refused due to several reasons. One of the main reason for rejection is due to the incorrect or incomplete submission of documents. This major defect can be avoided when you have an immigration consultant at your service. We at Kansas Overseas Careers® provide right mentorship. Our teams are having the right knowledge of the immigration process with all latest updates. We make sure to guide and provide the best support to our clients in a possible manner for Canada immigration.
Our associated services can be explained to you in the following way.
- Our clients get free visa assistance as the initial step for immigration. The experienced immigration staff at Kansas® provides the right counseling to help you choose the appropriate pathway.
- After reviewing our client profiles, we move ahead for processing. For those, who have the maximum chances to obtain Canada PR are considered on priority. We are a team of Canada immigration Consultants providing up to date assistance to our clients on regular intervals.
- Our relationship and commitment to you do not end with your successful immigration. We also provide special Job Search assistance as a complimentary service for our primary profile members.
At Kansas® we provide assistance number of visa categories. These categories help for various skilled candidates such as:
- highly skilled immigrants
- sole representatives
- business people
- investors and innovators
- working visitors
- family and dependents
We aim to make our services user-friendly so that we provide immigration solutions to everyone who is in a plan to migrate to Canada. We strive for delivering useful and timely assistance so that our clients’ profile gets a high preference for Canada immigration.
If you are planning to get settled in Canada, then feel free to get in touch with us at Kansas Overseas Careers®.