8 Major benefits of the Australian PR- Migration to Australia
Many people from across the world seek permanent residency in Australia to enjoy a better life. They leave behind their homeland in search of better job opportunities and better standards of living. More often than not, they end up settling there permanently.
Australia is a highly progressive country that invites people with excellent work experience to migrate here. With its culturally diverse society and rapidly developing economy, it has become the hub of immigrants.
There are several benefits associated with migration to Australia. One of the major compelling reasons that people apply for PR here is its income for skilled workers. Unlike many of the countries, Australia has a higher income, which is often 7 times more than you can earn in India.
Interestingly, almost 25% of the population comprises of skilled people who have acquired citizenship in the country considering its luxurious income. Apart from this, Australia is famous for its office culture, work timings, ease of living and the beautiful place it beholds. Sightseeing in Australia is worth the stay.
What are the benefits of an Australian PR?
When you apply for an Australian PR, its process may seem time-consuming to you. However, once you get residence status, you will realize that these 8 benefits of Australian PR are completely worth the wait.
- After immigration, you can stay in Australia for an indefinite period. Being its permanent resident, you can enjoy unlimited travel.
- For skilled migrants, you have the luxury to work under any employer. You can choose your profession. Once you become a citizen of Australia, you can even work for the Australian armed forces and apply for other public services.
- If you migrate to Australia as a student, you can choose from a variety of local universities. Once you become a permanent citizen, you can even avail loans that are only available to the local.
- Once you become a permanent resident of the country, you are also eligible for social security benefits. However, you will have to wait for 2 years to receive unemployment, sickness and student benefits. If you are skilled enough, this will work as an added advantage for you.
- If you have children after you have been granted permanent residency status, they will have Australian citizenship by birth. They will enjoy all the social benefits like access to quality education and healthcare just like other Australian.
- As permanent citizens of Australia, you can also help your relatives get the permanent residence However, this will only be possible once they meet all the eligibility criteria for Australian PR.
- Once you become a permanent resident of the country, you are also eligible for the health care benefits. You can apply for health insurance schemes run by a government agency named Medicare.
- As a permanent resident of Australia, you have the right to apply for Australian consular assistance overseas. This will come to your aid when things might go a little unruly abroad.
Do you know that the benefits of Australian PR Visa are limitless?
You may feel good to read that, the benefits we mentioned for Australian PR are for a lifetime. In fact, they will continue till generations.
By deciding to apply for immigration, you are not only planning for your future, but for the future for all your upcoming generations. If there are no rule changes, you will enjoy these benefits until eternity.
- You can enter and exit Australia as many times you wish you.
- As a permanent resident of the country, you are even eligible for social security just like those born in Australia, no matter whichever state you live in Australia.
- You are also governed and protected by the law. This gives you satisfaction getting support from police whenever required.
- For an easy living in the country, the Government promises free healthcare and medical to permanent
- Your children under the age of 18 will be given free education in reputed public schools.
Is it easy to get an Australian PR easily?
If you want to migrate to Australia, there are several stepwise methods, which you need to follow. While the best way to understand the steps is to seek help from a migration agent, we hope the following information will help you to a certain extent in applying for Australia permanent resident visa easily.
Firstly, when you plan to migrate to Australia as a permanent resident, apply for a visa category that is in sync with your goals and meets your criteria of immigration. Note that every migration program has an easy process.
Once you have done that, you need to collect all the necessary documents and apply for Skills assessment, followed creation of Expression of Interest with the SkillSelect. Now the question that you might want to ask, what a SkillSelect is?
It is an online system, which processes your request for an Australian visa. Creating a profile on this online portal is the first step towards becoming a permanent resident of Australia. Once you have done this, your profile will be considered in view of the Australian department.
Getting an Australia PR through the SkillSelect is easy only when you qualify with a good score on the points test. While these points are determined by the score of your age, work experience, academic record, etc. your English proficiency in IELTS or TOEFL plays a major role. Though 65 points are enough to be eligible for the PR, higher points will make it easier for PR.
After this, you might have to wait for a considerable period to hear back from the authorities. The processing time differs and can sometimes depend upon your application. If you are selected, you will receive an invitation to apply for the visa you want. Now, you have to attach all the documents with your application form and send it to the relevant department. Once you get the invitation receipt, you will have to send back this duly filled application within 60 days.
All this while, it is important to stick to your decision and act accordingly. The process of obtaining permanent residentship might seem to be a little tiring to you when you are in the SkillSelect pool. However, be patient; once your application is processed and you get the Australian PR, your life with experience a wonderful change
What is the processing time for Australian immigration?
Now that you know how to apply for Australia PR and its benefits for skilled workers, you would want to understand the entire processing time from application to getting the permanent residency in Australia under the General Skilled Migration.
The processing time of the resident visa depends upon a number of factors. These include:
- you should submit the accurately filled application form
- you should apply all the relevant documents along with the application
- you should answer all the questions asked by the immigration officer correctly
- Australian PR has a point-based system. You should be able to show adequate work experience and should have passed the English proficiency test, IELTS and the relevant exams. You should meet the score demands as well.
- The rest of the time that goes for the completion of the visa process is the time taken for the background verification
Also, the time taken to complete the visa application process depends upon the category you have applied for. For instance, a skilled subclass 189 visa takes 7 months in 75% of the applications and 8 months for 90% of the application. The time taken for the subclass 190 visa takes 7 months for 75% of the PR application and 9 months for 90% of the applications.
If you have applied for migration through a subclass 489 visa, it can take anywhere between 7 months to 9 months. If you have correctly submitted all the documents and have cleared all the procedures, it will take lesser time.
Hence, consult an immigration consultant to ensure that all the documents that you are submitting are verified and true to the fullest. This will avoid any hindrances in the process and will get your PR visa faster than you can estimate.