Everything You Need To Know About Canada Visit Visa
Canada welcomes 40 million non-immigrants every year. With such numbers of yearly non-immigrants quotas, an individual holds ample chance of getting a Canada Visit Visa. The applicant has to fulfill the visa application requirements as per the guideline of the Canadian Embassy.
Visitor visa Requirements
Before you apply for the visitor visa of Canada you need to check if you fall in “visa waiver program”. If not, you need to meet the below documents requirements.
- A valid proof Documents that you are employed in your resident country and have a valid job or own a business.
- A proof that you will stay for six months or less in Canada and you do not have any intentions to enter the job market in Canada.
- You must valid passport which will not expire in the next six months or less.
- Your bank records must say that you have sufficient funds for the stay in Canada as well as return airfare .
- And other related documents.
The Canadian consulate has set very clear eligibility criteria for a Canada tourist visa which are easy to understand.
While there is no visa interview for a visitor visa, it may vary from case to case.
Canada Visitor visa processing time from India
A Canadian tourist visa takes around 15days time for approval. The processing time, however, may vary according to the location of the application center, the country of residence and certain individual cases. It should be mentioned here that there is a new CAN+ expedited visa program. Under this process, Indian citizens who have traveled to the US or Canada in the last 10 years may be processed much quicker, usually in 2 to 5 days.
Canada Visitor visa fee
|Visa Type||Fee in Canadian Dollars|
|eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization)||$7 per person|
|Visitor Visa (single or multiple entry)||$100 per person|
|Visitor Visa (single or multiple entry) – Family (5+)||$500|
Canada Tourist Visa Fee Details in Indian Rupees
|Visa Type||Fee in Indian Rupee|
|eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization)||Rs.354|
|Visitor Visa (single or multiple entry)||Rs.5,046|
|Visitor Visa (single or multiple entry) – Family (5+)||Rs. 25,230|
What is the fee for Canada Visit Visa?
Visa fee for a Canadian visitor visa is $100 CAD. The visa applicants can pay this fee using a credit card online. The fees can be paid during the submission of your application. You can pay it manually at your nearest CVAC or VFS office at the time of submitting your application.
What is the procedure to apply for a Canadian Visitor Visa?
Download the travel visa application form. Then proceed to arrange the required documents and follow the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Fill the tourist visa application form.
Carefully fill up the application form after reading the instruction guide. Make sure that the completed application includes the barcode page. Your application might be rejected if you do not provide all the required information, documents, and fees.
Step 2: Paying the processing fee
Pay the required fees for the visa application. The payment can be done online or via bank draft or certified cheque.
Step 3: Visit local Canada Visa Application Center or Canada VFS office in India.
Visit your nearest Canada visa office. You need to carry your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents. You need to follow the checklist and fee payment instructions furnished by the government of Canada or Canada border services. If you are not in India, you may need to visit the Canada embassy or consulate for the process.
Step 4: Submitting the application form
Once you submit your completed application at the VFS office and pay the service charges you will receive a receipt. A unique tracking number will be mentioned in this receipt with which you can track the progress of your application online. You must also provide your biometrics.
Documentation Checklist for Canada Visit Visa
- Completed and signed the application form
- Proof of means of financial support
- Copy of your passport (first, last pages along with pages that have stamps/visas)
- Purpose of travel (round trip flight tickets and hotel bookings)
- Completed family information “Form IMM5645” (download from your application page)
- Travel history
- Digital photo
- Letter of explanation of your trip (optional, explaining your purpose of travel to Canada).
What are the things that you CAN or CAN NOT do while traveling on Canada Visitor visa?
- Enter and stay in Canada
- Move around Canada on leisure and indulge in sightseeing
- Join a short-term study course
- Apply to extend your stay
- Stay in Canada permanently
- Work in Canada
- Apply for job or study permit
People who want to visit Canada for temporary reasons like for vacations, business or a short- term stay must apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). This category of Canadian visa allows long-term multiple entry visas valid for 5 to 10 years.
There are two types of Canada tourist visa:
- Single entry visa
- Multiple entry visa
Both the visas are valid for a fixed period of 180 days and cannot be used after they expire.
If you have a single-entry visa you will be allowed to enter Canada just once. Once you leave Canada, except for traveling to places like the United States and St Pierre and Miquelon, you will need a new visa to enter the country again.
A multiple entry visa will, however, allow a person to enter and leave Canada for six months at a time, without reapplying every time. The visa is valid for up to 10 years, or till one month before the expiry of the visa holder’s passport, whichever happens, earlier.
So there are two benefits of a Canada visit visa:
- Since they are valid for a long time typically up to 5 to 10 years with multiple entries. So, once you get a TRV visa approval you will not have to worry for the next 10 years.
- If you have a Canadian multiple entry visa, you can have visa exempt in countries like Mexico, Costa Rica, and Panama.
What are the categories of Canada Visitor Visa?
There are different categories under which you can apply for a visitor visa in Canada. Each category has its respective set of eligibility criteria and process for application. Below we have discussed the categories.
We have listed here a few purposes of applying for visa. If you wish to visit Canada temporarily for one or more of them you would be considered as business visitor IF
- You are looking for investment or partnerships opportunities in Canada
- You want to visit Canada to build business relationships with investors in Canada
- You want to expand your business in Canada
Eligibility for Business Visa
- An invitation letter of your business partner in Canada. They also have to provide the contact details
- A valid proof Documents that you are employed in India and have a valid job
- A proof that you will stay for six months or less in Canada and you do not have any intentions to enter the job market in Canada
- You must valid passport which will not expire in the next six months or less
- Your bank records must say that you have sufficient funds for the stay in Canada as well as return airfare
- Clean Police records and medical records that prove you are not a threat to Canada
Keep in mind that if you have plans to stay for more than six months or to work in Canada, you shall be considered as a temporary worker. In such a situation, you will need to apply for a work permit.
Temporary or Visitor Visa
Temporary resident or visitor visa is required if you are visiting Canada with the purpose of
- Visiting your relatives
This visa is actually an official document that is stamped on your passport by the Canadian consulate. This indicates that you have fulfilled all the criteria’s for entering Canada.
Super Visa for Grandparents and Parents
The super visa allows you to stay in Canada for up to two years in comparison to the six months stay of the temporary visa. You can apply for this visa if you are a parent or a grandparent and wish to visit your children or grandchildren.
Eligibility for super visa
- You must either be the parent or the grandparent of a citizen of Canada or a Canadian permanent resident.
- A signed invitation letter issued by your child or grandchild with the following information
- A word that you will be financially supported by them during your stay in Canada.
- Their copy of the Canadian passport or PR visa.
- Proof of medical insurance from a Canada based insurance company with a minimum coverage of 1, 00,000 CAD.
- Clean medical records that prove you are not a threat to Canada.
Visa Exempt Passport Holders
While considering about nationals with visa exempt passport the following things should be kept in mind:
- A valid Canadian passport is required by the Canadian citizens, including dual citizens. However, American-Canadians can travel if they have a valid Canadian or U.S. passport.
- Those who are permanent residents of Canada must have a valid permanent resident card.
- Legal and permanent residents of the U.S. must have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) if they want to transit a Canadian airport.
- The United States of America, Canadian dual citizen’s Canadian permanent residents are considered as Visa EXEMPT passport holders.
Visa EXEMPT passport holders (eTA application is REQUIRED if traveling by air)
Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Cayman Islands, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Falkland Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Samoa, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, St. Helena, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom, Vatican City (Holy See)
Why should you choose Kansas as your Immigration Consultant?
To ensure an error-free visa application, you have two options. Either you spend a lot of time in searching it online. This includes the do’s and don’ts, necessary documentation and then finally submit the application. But since you are not a professional in this, you might land up in some mistakes your application being rejected. The second is hiring a visa consultant. A visit visa consultant with their industry experience will ensure an error-free visa application. This will also increase the chances of approval.
These days we have a habit of Googling out about everything before we take the service. So, when you search a visa consultant for Canada visit visa, Google will show you hordes of immigration service providers. With hordes of visa consultants out there, how would choose an authentic consultant?
Following are some features that you should look for in an authentic visa consultant:
- They should have an office setup permanent with a registered physical address.
- They should have a functional website that provides all the information about the services they offer.
But still, there will be many visa consultants who will perfectly fit the above-mentioned benchmarks. Among so many consultants why should you choose Kansas as your Immigration Consultant? Following are the feature that sets us apart from the crowd:
- A decade of experience in handling Visa applications and with a success rate of 98%.
- One of the most reliable and preferred Immigration Consultant in India.
- Transparent process with in-depth Explanation of process before signing the contract.
- Economical with an affordable fee structure that does not cost heavy on the pocket.
- Accredited and Certified by multiple regulatory authorities.
- Expert evaluation and visa assistance.
- Detailed profile checks in the required perquisites initiating the process.
- Post Immigration assistance.
Apart from temporary Canada Visa, there are multiple other visa options for immigrating to Canada. We offer responsible visa assistance for all the options. These additional visa options are:
- Canada Employer Sponsored Visa
- Family & Dependents
- Temporary Residence Visa / Visit Visa
- Employment Visa
- Canada Student Visa
- Canada Business Immigration
- Investor Immigrant Visas
- Entrepreneur Immigrant Visa
- Self-Employed Immigrant Visa