Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme Visa
The Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission (QMAS) is a program for the immigrants with high skills. The fresh highly skilled candidates can apply for this program. Hong Kong invites these immigrants with the view of enhancing the economy of the country. These immigrants thus can apply for employment opportunities or start their own business project. Out of all the applicants, the successful candidates also have the opportunity to take their spouse and children dependent along with them. The condition for dependent children is that they should be less than 18 years of age and need financial support from the parents.
Minimum requirements under this scheme:
The Hong Kong QMAS program was introduced in 2006. It is a quota based entrance program for the skilled and potential immigrants who wish to work or own a business in the province. This program is for those who look forward to settle and make their professional career in Hong Kong. To be eligible under this scheme, the candidate must earn the at least the minimum required points to get in the quota allotment.
Following criteria must be fulfilled under this scheme:
- The applicant should be latest 18 years old during filling of application.
- The applicant must be able to financially support himself as well as his family like for accommodating the family and other support required.
- The applicant should have a good character. He should not be counted in any of the criminal records or any previous negative immigration records. He should be able to submit a police clearance certificate for all the provinces where ever he has stayed in the last 10 years for more than 12 months.
- The candidate must possess good language skills to carry out his work smoothly. He is required to score at least 6 points in IELTS to apply to Hong Kong QMAS.
- He should have a good educational background. The candidate must possess a first class undergraduate degree from a recognized institution or a university. Other options if the candidate does not possess a degree for the candidate are his technical qualification, experience in his profession, past achievements, etc. will be taken into account. The candidates who possess the post-graduate degree are classified in the excellent category and their chances of getting the application accepted increases.
POINT BASED TEST SYSTEM
The candidates should qualify the above requirements and gain the passing marks under the points-based test system. There are two options in the point-based test system:
General point test-option 1
The factors are taken into consideration to pass this test are:
- Age: the candidates in their 30s get the best advantage. Anyhow, younger the candidate better is the option.
- Educational qualification: the candidate must pose an undergraduate degree. If he does not possess the undergraduate degree, then he must have a professional experience or technical qualification. The candidates scoring in the first class or pursuing honors in the subject get a better advantage. Anyhow, students who possess a post graduate degree or a Ph.D. degree get the maximum and definite advantage.
- Work experience: more the number of work experience you have, better is your probability to get selected under the program.
- Required language skills: a minimum of 6 points under IELTS is required.
- Family-related factors such as spouse and dependent children.
The candidate is required to get a minimum of 80 marks out of 165 in the general examination.
Achievement based point test-option 2
This test is conducted to attract the people from foreign with the best skills and talent. The following factors are taken into consideration while allocation of points:
- If any awards such as Nobel Prize or Olympic medals are received.
- If any acknowledgment received for contributing in any field. Suppose for example if the candidate has received a lifetime achievement reward is some industry.