Alberta PNP is the Second Province to Reach its Nomination Allocation for 2018Posted on December 19, 2018
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program has reached its nomination allocation for the year 2018. On 17th December 2018, the Alberta PNP has issued 5,600 Nomination Certificates. The province also states that, though there are 1,875 applications awaited for assessment, it is no more issuing nominations for this year.
In the month of November, Ontario reached its nomination allocation, and since then, Alberta is the next province to reach its nomination allocation for 2018.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program has three streams, namely; the Alberta Express Entry Stream, the Self-Employed Farmer Stream and the Alberta Opportunity Stream. In the month of June, the Employer-Driven Stream and the Strategic Recruitment Stream were replaced by the Alberta Opportunity and Alberta Express Entry.
Since, then, Alberta PNP has successfully provided 596 NOIs to candidates with 301 CRS score through its Alberta Express Entry.
Alberta Express Entry Stream and its Requirements:
This Stream provides a nomination to limited candidates through the federal Express Entry System. The AINP directly selects candidates from the Express Entry Pool. Also, the selected candidates receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for applying for Canada Permanent Residency.
The Alberta Express Entry Stream mainly targets the candidates having strong economic factors for developing the diversity. However, the international candidates are even provided an invitation.
Required Eligibility Factors:
- Need for having active Express Entry Profile.
- Should be having an interest for immigrating Alberta on a permanent basis.
- Need of having an occupation to support the Alberta economy.
- Must hold a minimum 300 Comprehensive Ranking System Score.
Also, a candidate can improve their chances of receiving an NOI through Alberta PNP, if:
- The candidates hold a job offer/experience in Alberta.
- The candidate has a Canadian post-graduation experience.
- The candidate has a relative or parent living in Alberta.
Alberta Opportunity Stream and its Requirements:
- The candidate has to work in an eligible occupation of Alberta.
- Need of having a Temporary Resident status in Canada to support your work.
- Need of having a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark 4 in English.
- Need of having minimum High School qualification.
- Should hold at least a year of work experience in the related occupation.
Self-Employed Farmer Stream and its Requirements:
- Need of having a Prior managerial experience from the existing farm enterprise.
- Should be having required education, training and work experience to develop a sustainable farm business in Alberta.
- Should be holding a business plan in Alberta for farming enterprise.
- Must have financial support as evidence to support the proposed farming enterprise.
- Need of minimum $500,000 of equity to invest in the farming enterprise.
- Should have a net worth of $500,000 or confirmation of access for the funds.
To know more about the Provincial Nominee Programs, speak to our expert immigration consultants.