Canada Immigration Target of Next Year shall remain 300,000- says Immigration MinisterPosted on June 20, 2017
Canada immigration is improving scope for candidates time to time by implementing flexible policies and high chances to settle with ease. As an initiative in this same regard, Canada has made it official that it would keep immigration not less than 300,000 for the next coming year. This announcement was made by Canada’s Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen at a key event. “Although we don’t know what next year’s levels will be, I can tell you they will not be below 300,000”, said the Minister. With this announcement, Hussen also highlighted certain key steps taken by the government in the recent few days to make Canada immigration smooth, hassle free and easy approach for skilled professionals.
Key steps taken by Canadian Government to improve Canada Immigration
- Target increased to 300,000 for 2016-2017
- Reforms to Express Entry made in November 2016
- Introduction of easy immigration program for professionals with less eligibility criteria- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
- Key changes to Express Entry implemented during initial weeks of June 2017
- Introduction of the Global Skills Strategy (GSS)
- Encouragement of Family Reunification- increase of PGP application numbers from 5000 to 10,000, reduction of processing time of family visa to one year and removal of conditional PR for sponsored spouse are some of the key steps taken to encourage family reunification
The Immigration Minister confirmed that the government shall be making permanent residency & citizenship easier for skilled professionals & keep up to their aim of uniting more immigrant families.
For guidance on how to migrate to Canada or obtaining a visa through Canada Express Entry, register for a free counselling by the best Canada PR visa expert of India