For Program Specific Draw, Candidates scoring low as 284 got an invitePosted on September 25, 2018
On 24th September 2018 in a rare draw held on Monday, the Canadian government issued nearing to 400 invites to Express Entry (EE) Candidates for the Federal Skilled Trades Class(FSTC).
For this draw, the invitations were sent to candidates who scored Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) as low as 284.
The candidates whose CRS score was 284 or above and who submitted their Express Entry profile before 18th February 2018 at 12:31:16 UTC were issued Invitation to Apply (ITA) in this draw.
This one was 100th draw and invitations were sent through Federal Express Entry System. The above system was introduced in the year 2015 in the month of January to manage application to Maple leaf nations for 3 main economic immigration categories, they are
- Federal Skilled Worker Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Class
- Canadian Experience Class
All those candidates who got an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for the above draw have nearing to 60 days to submit the complete application for Permanent Residency status to the Canadian Government.
For draws held through EE System, the program-specific invitations rounds are exceptions to the norm, the vast majority of which include those applicants from entire federal economic immigration programs.
On 30th May 2018 the last program-specific draw to target FSTC candidates was held. Nearing to 500 FSTC applicants with CRS score as low as 288 got invitations to apply for Canada PR status.
The FSTC enables the individuals having valid job offers or who are certified to work in specific occupations to get Canadian Permanent residence.
Federal Skilled Trades Class Criteria
- Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the previous 5 years.
- The job requirements for the skilled trade should be met as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), except for needing a qualification certificate.
- Must have full-time employment offer for a total period of minimum 1 year or certificate of qualification in that specific skilled trade issued by a territorial, provincial or federal authority.
Are you interested to know more details of FSTC or other visas for Canada? Reach our Immigration Consultants at Kansas Overseas Careers. They will not only guide you but also provide free counseling.