Nova Scotia Nominee Program- Opening SoonPosted on April 28, 2017
The popular Canadian Provincial Nominee Program of Nova Scotia will open in the coming weeks. It is the first time since 2015 this program will re-open for the PNP applications. After Ontario, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry (a stream of the NSNP) will be the first latest stream to become active so far in 2017.
According to the news, the government of the maple country aims to bring in over 51,000 permanent residents through this Provincial Nominee Program this year. This is 7% more than the target of last year. It is believed that many of the newcomers will solely arrive into the country through these enhanced Express Entry Schemes. The province government also announced that this stream may pause and be reopened at regular intervals until the annual target is reached. It is quite similar to the Express Entry- Human Capital Priorities stream implemented by Ontario.
Eligibility criteria to apply
Candidates who want to apply for this program must:
- have an active profile registered in IRCC’s Canada Express Entry
- have 67 points or more on the stream’s points assessment grid
- have at least a Canadian high school credential or equivalent
- have English or French language skills proven- CLB 7 or more
- have at least one year’s experience in any Nova Scotia’s target occupations
- have sufficient funds to manage stay in Nova Scotia
To know more on how you can settle in Nova Scotia as a Canadian permanent resident, register for a free counseling. Our team of Canada Immigration Experts will contact you with complete information.