Ontario: New Express Entry Stream launched for TradespersonPosted on June 1, 2017
Ontario, a city with vibrant lifestyle and plenty of opportunities for skilled professionals, is now improving scope for tradesperson. The province has announced a new stream- the Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream as a part of its Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. This program is specifically for tradesperson who are residing in Ontario or hold Ontario work experience. Candidates who qualify for this stream with gain an additional 600 CRS points and an ITA at a subsequent draw of the Express Entry. This program came into effect on May 31, 2017.
Parameters to qualify:
- Program requirement- Candidates of Canadian Experience Class (CEC) only will be eligible to receive a nomination under this stream. Also, the candidate must be currently residing in Ontario on a valid work permit or must have a desire to reside in Ontario or express interest to reside in “all provinces and territories” in his Express Entry profile. It is also important that the candidate has received a NOI from Ontario (through the IRCC Express Entry Online Account) before submitting his application.
- Work Experience- Interested candidates for this stream must have at least 12 months of full-time (or equivalent part time) Ontario work experience in the past two years, calculated from the date of NOI issuance. This work experience must be in a skilled trade occupation listed under,
- Major group 72: Electrical, industrial & construction trades
- Major group 73: Maintenance and equipment operation trades
- Major group 82: Supervisors & technical occupations in natural resources, agriculture or related production
- Minor group 633: Butchers & bakers
- Language Skills- This stream demands English language proficiency. It is mandatory that the applicant has a minimum of CLB 5 in English or French test that is recognized by the Government of Canada & Ontario.
- Trade Certification (if required) – There are certain trade occupations in Ontario that require a license or certification. If the candidate represents the respective occupation, it is important for him to have a trade license or certification from the Ontario College of Trades.
- Sufficient Funds- Candidate needs to have sufficient funds to manage the expenses of the process and his stay.
While this is a latest update on the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, there are several other prominent Provincial Nominee Programs of Canada. If you wish to know your eligibility to settle in any province of Canada through any PNP program, our experts are here to help.