The Saskatchewan government gave invitations to 595 applicants from Express Entry and Occupations In-Demand list, by giving them the Expression of Interest.
The candidates need to submit an Expression of Interest to the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP). The SINP conducted draw on 20th December.
Eligibility to get PR under SINP:
- The SINP measures the eligibility by giving points to the candidates.
- The SINP awards these points based on factors like education, age, experience in their field, English or French skills, etc.
- The Saskatchewan authorities use the International Skilled Worker Points Assessment Grid to measure these factors and give the points to the concerned candidate’s profile.
- These points, decide the placement of a candidate in the SINP pool. The authorities give Invitations to Apply (ITA) to candidates with the highest scores, through usual draws.
- However, the candidates need to have at least one year of experience in his/her occupation.
Express Entry sub-category:
- Candidates, who had their profiles listed in the Federal Express Entry pool, bagged 304 invitations to apply.
- The Comprehensive Ranking System awards an additional 600 points to the candidates, if the Saskatchewan Provincial Program nominates them. This will ensure the Permanent Residence to these candidates.
- The Express Entry System manages the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Canadian Express Class and the Federal Skilled Trades Class.
- The Express Entry program also links the SINP.
Occupations In-Demand sub-category:
- The candidates, who do not have an Express Entry profile, can apply under the Occupations In-Demand sub-category.
- The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program chooses candidates whose score is 69 or more. The score is the same, as that needed under Federal Express Entry Pool. Provincial Nominee Program invited 291 candidates, who have expertise in the Occupations In-Demand List.
- Since 25th September, the time around which the SINP overtook its Occupations In-Demand list, the SINP has conducted 16 rounds of invitation.
- In these rounds, the SINP granted 6,284 invitations under both subcategories.
More benefits with the new list of occupations:
The SINP created a new list called, Excluded Occupations List. SINP is using this list by moving away from the In-Demand list, which had limited options.
By introducing the Excluded Occupations list, the SINP increased the number of occupations to more than 200 from the previous 19.
This new list increased the chances of getting Canadian PR, in the last 16 draws.
The latest draw held on 20th December gave ITAs to candidates belonging to 96 occupations.
To know the complete list of Occupations and the eligibility criteria of obtaining the Canada PR. Contact our immigration consultants call us @ 1800-102-0109.