An update on Occupation Ceilings 2017-2018 for Australia ImmigrationPosted on August 4, 2017
The Australian Department of Immigration has released the occupation ceilings for the immigration programs of 2017-2018. This year, Software Engineers, Accountants and Mechanical Engineers have significantly gained an increase its ceilings in comparison to the previous year’s ceiling.
- Accountants: Increased by 2285 places to 4785
- Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers: Increased by 639 places to 2178
- Software and Applications Programmers: Increased by 540 places to 6202
- ICT Business and Systems Analysts: Increased by 92 places to 1574
On the contrary, several occupations have a reduced ceiling cap. These occupations are are as follows:
- Computer Network Professionals: Decreased by 108 places to 1318
- Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers: Decreased by 86 places to 1327
However, ceilings for Electronics Engineers and several other Engineering professionals remained unchanged for this year. If you want to gather more information about how occupation ceilings of Australia works, speak to our Australia immigration expert.