Immigration to Canada through the Express Entry Program
Before we can move into a more detailed discussion about the Canada Express Entry System and its role in immigration to Canada, let’s help in understanding the system well.
What is Canada Express Entry System?Canada Express Entry System is a completely electronic system, designed to pick skilled workforce for immigration to Canada. Candidates are selected to Canada based on their skills and requirements in the Canadian labour market. However, to process under this system, candidates have to process their application through the economic immigration programs.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trade Program
- Canadian Experience Class and
- Provincial Nominee Program
How does the Express Entry System works?This is a point based system that evaluates the candidates on factors like, age, education, work experience, language proficiency, etc. and allots points to each of them. The provinces and states also scrutinize employees for Provincial Nomination Program via Express Entry System.
What are the eligibilities for Express Entry?
- Results of the language proficiency test taken not more than 2 years ago, scoring at least 67 points
- The report of the educational credential testing done not more than 5 years ago
- Health and character certificate