The H4 visa is issued to ward relatives (life partner and youngsters) of H1 visa holders who might want to go with the H1B visa holder in the U.S. amid their time of remain. This article diagrams the complete procedure for H4 subordinate visas for H1B visa holders. In such a case, the chief candidate is dependably the H1B visa holder. Close relatives like life partner and kids under 21 years of age may fit the bill for a H4 visa and may apply at a US Consulate in their nation of origin.
In the event that you are applying for your visa alongside your companion, who is applying for H1 at the same time, then you can submit both of your applications together. A H4 visa permits visa holders to:
- Get a driver’s permit
- Pursue instruction
- Open bank account(s)
- Become qualified for an ITIN (Tax ID for IRS Tax purposes)
- Work in the US
As an aftereffect of the new H4 EAD guideline, compelling May 26, 2015, H4 wards of H1B visa holders may now work in the US by applying for Employment Authorization. For more data, read about EAD for H4 Dependents.
H4 Visa Tips
No doubt about it in rounding out the visa application and comprehension the legalities identified with the H4 visa. Here are some valuable tips for the H4 visa candidates.
- While giving the data to take visa meeting and recording online application structure, H4 visa candidates should unmistakably express their Last Name and Given Name. On the off chance that your original surname is unique in relation to your name after marriage, please compose the name on your international ID. In the event that you have had your name changed, your international ID must mirror this. Frequently there is a great deal of perplexity brought on by name changes after marriage.
- Also please check if the international ID issuing powers have composed your name effectively. Normal blunders are: composing the name in the Last name field, composing Last name rather than Given Name and the other way around. Candidates ought to check their travel permit and if the entire name is given in one line, they ought to get the same changed from international ID office before applying for a visa.) In the nutshell, ensure your name is effectively rounded out.
- It is prudent to get your life partner’s name supported on your visa in advance.
- If after marriage your last name has changed, then it’s ideal to embrace the adjustment in your visa already. Else you will need to proceed with your last name by birth in the U.S. Your family name will be utilized as a part of your distinguishing proof card and driver’s permit in the U.S.
2. Wedding Album
You need to indicate adequate confirmation that you are hitched to the vital candidate
- Please ensure that you convey a genuinely unmistakable wedding collection.
- This implies that your collection must have numerous wedding pictures.
- You and your husband to be must be obviously unmistakable in the photos.
- All the snaps must be clear and it ought to be anything but difficult to recognize the lady of the hour and the husband.
- It is ideal to incorporate photos demonstrating some marriage customs, for example, photos around the Agni function (if your marriage is Hindu marriage), engagement service, photographs of your families, and so forth.
3. Check your visa
After getting your visa, please check for any mistakes in writing of:
- your name
- your life partner’s name
- date of birth
- type of visa
- validity date
The way to getting the H4 visa is making the best decision at the correct time and at the ideal spot. Complete your H4 visa printed material, comprehend the procedure, and be proactive amid the application time frame.