The L2 visa is a non-immigrant US visa issued to wards of L1 visa holders. Close relatives of L1 visa holders may enter and stay in the United States by getting L2 visas. Qualified relatives for a L2 visa incorporate life partners and kids (under age 21) of L1 visa holders.
L2 Visa Eligibility
Life partners and offspring of L1 visa holders with legitimate L1 visa status are qualified to apply for L2 visa. Qualified L2 visa candidates include:
- Dependent Spouse of L1 visa holder
- Dependent, unmarried kids (under 21 years old) of L1 visa holder
Guardians are not qualified for L2 visa. L1 visa holders who wish to convey their folks to the US with them may not have any significant bearing for a L2 visa for their folks. Guardians may just visit their L1 visa youngsters by getting a US guest visa.
Advantages of L2 Visa
Mates and youngsters with L2 visa status may lawfully:
- Live in the US.
- Attend school in the US.
- Work low maintenance or full-time in the wake of acquiring an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Apply for other nonimmigrant status including H1, F1, B1, B2, and L1 visas.
- Apply for worker visas (green card).
- Travel inside and outside the US on short excursions and return.
Chipping away at L2 Visa
Mates of L1 visa holders on L2 visa status are qualified to apply for EAD, or L2 visa work allow, and work in the United States. An endorsed EAD is required for a L2 visa holder to work in the US. The essential strides for chipping away at L2 visa are recorded beneath.
- File for EAD card.
- Submit application for a Social Security Number.
- Apply for low maintenance or all day work at any US business.
An EAD card is legitimate for a long time, yet might be restored the length of the individual keeps up L2 visa status. EAD application and Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status, might be documented together.
Subordinate kids on L2 visa status are not qualified to apply for EAD.
L2 Visa Validity
L2 visa holders are approved to stay in the US in view of the status of the L1 visa holder. The L2 visa span for L2 wards is a greatest 7 years for wards of L1A visa holders and a most extreme 5 years for wards of L1B visa holders.
Archives Required for L2 Visa
At the point when applying for L2 visa, you should give the accompanying archives to your L2 visa application.
- CEAC Barcode printout. This is the application affirmation page, you will get once you finish the US Visa application structure DS-160 on the web. See an example DS-160 structure.
- US visa application expense.
- Demand draft for visa issuance expense.
- For current visa expenses rate and installment points of interest, please visit Current US Visa Fee.
- If the candidate is beneath 14 yrs of age, Original Birth Certificate of this candidate (youngster) is required.
- Your unique marriage authentication.
- Entire wedding photograph collection.
- A duplicate of every sides marriage welcome card.
- All 36 pages of the foremost applicant’s(L1 holder’s) travel permit (if not mattering with central candidate). On the off chance that a duplicate of the identification is submitted, it ought to be a GOOD duplicate and the photograph must be unmistakably identifiable
- Copy of L1 holder;s wage expense form.
- Demand draft for visa issuance Fee.
L2 Visa Application Tips
Remember the accompanying when applying for L2 visa.
- Note: While giving the data to take visa meeting and documenting online application structure visa candidates ought to demonstrate obviously in their Last Name and Given Name. Its regularly found on account of South Indian names that international ID issuing powers compose the entire name in the Last Name field.
Candidates ought to check their travel permit and if the entire name is given in one line, they ought to get the same changed from international ID office before applying for a visa.
- Both you and your L1 life partner may present your L1 and L2 visa applications together in the event that you are applying at the same time.
- It is fitting to get your life partner’s name supported on your international ID in advance.
- If after marriage your last name has changed, then it’s ideal to support the adjustment in your travel permit heretofore. Else you will need to proceed with your original surname here.
In the event that your visa was not issued under Section 221(g) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act, it implies that your case requires further authoritative activity. It is not an unadulterated refusal it implies that it is on hold.
The consular officer will give back your international ID. You may profit to the Consulate for any working day with the required extra reports. It would be ideal if you take after the guidelines that were given to you at the time your case was put on hold. The application expense paid to plan the underlying meeting stays substantial for the resulting meeting up to one year from date of instalment.