Dubai Visit Visa
Tourist attractions like Burj Khalifa, Dubai Creek, and Jumeirah Palm Island stand as testimonies to the island Emirate’s unmitigated aspiration to attract tourists from all over the world. Besides tourism, thousands of people also go to seek work in the UAE capital, it has fast emerged as one of the top tourist destinations in the world.
Do Indians need a visit visa to Dubai?
Citizens of many countries enjoy “visa on arrival”, which means, you can get a visit visa or a tourist visa to Dubai once your plane has landed. But, this facility is not available to Indian citizens. The Indian citizens have to acquire a visit visa to Dubai before they can take off.
Even otherwise, you can simply gather all the needed documents and identification proofs and then visit a consultant to kickstart your visa process.
How can you apply for a visit visa for Dubai?
There are multiple ways to apply for a Dubai visa. Some of them are
- Via Emirates services: Emirates airlines has a department to assist you with the tourist visa application. This provision is only limited to travelers who plan to book their flight by Emirates. Applying for a Dubai visit is an online process.
- Submitting the application through VFS office: You can physically visit Dubai VFS office and submit an application. There are many VFS across India which can help you.
In both cases, you need to submit the required documents to obtain a visa.
What are documents checklist for visit visa of Dubai?
In terms of documents and identity proofs, you need the following if you’re applying for a visit visa for Dubai from India:
- A passport with a validity of at least six months.
- Two color photographs.
- A covering letter from you (assuming you are visiting Dubai) stating the purpose of your visit and the duration of your visit.
- A photocopy of the visa application form with complete information.
- Original copy of the return or onward (heading somewhere else) ticket.
- NOC from husband or father if you are a lone woman traveler.
After all your documents have been processed, you will receive your visa by email. You can take out the printout and present it at the immigration office.
What is the visit visa fee for Dubai?
As you have read above, you can go for a short-term visit (30 days) and a long-term visit (90 days) to Dubai. Here is the basic fee structure:
- Short-term visit
- Single entry: 370 AED
- Multiple entry: 650 AED
- Long-term visit
- Single entry: 700 AED
- Multiple entry: 1750 AED
Sometimes you also have to deposit refundable amount. This amount is returned to you when you leave Dubai.
Aside from the standard visa fee that is charged by the consulate, there may also be other charges levied by your immigration consultant for processing your documents, for correspondence and for consulting fee.
How long does it take to get a visit visa to Dubai?
In terms of how much time it takes, these are the categories for a visit visa to Dubai:
- Normal visa: It takes 3-4 working days.
- Express visa: Costs extra, but takes 1-2 working days.
- Urgent visa: It can get you a Dubai visit visa within 24 hours. Costs more.
What are the various Dubai visit visa requirements?
Although different countries may have different requirements for visit visa clearance for Dubai, there are some requirements that are internationally applicable to all countries, and some are applicable to India and some other countries.
- Your passport must be valid for 6 months, which means, it shouldn’t be expiring within 6 months of visa approval.
- Confirmed round trip tickets are needed to show you are not planning on staying in Dubai for long. You need to submit ticket copies of either coming back to India or going somewhere else.
- You will need to submit the appropriate visa fee according to the visa you are applying for.
- If someone from Dubai is sponsoring you, you will need to submit a clear passport copy of the sponsor. You will also need to submit a clear copy of your own passport (assuming you are going to Dubai).
Immaculate information in the documents and the forms being submitted.
Can you work in Dubai with a tourist visa?
It makes sense to get a work visa or a visit visa if you plan on working in Dubai. A tourist visa is good for tourism.Working while on a tourist visa or even a visit visa in Dubai is illegal and can attract a fine of 50,000 AED.
Getting a work offer while you are visiting Dubai on a tourist visa or a visit visa might seem like an attractive proposition, but it is replete with danger. It is best that before you report for your duty or before you join the office, you make sure that you have an employment visa or a residence work visa clarified.
You are allowed to work in Dubai only if you have got a work permit. Your work document must be processed by your employer before you can start working in Dubai.
So, what is the solution?
Unlike many other countries, Dubai allows you to search for a job when you are on a tourist visa or a visit visa. This gives you an opportunity to make use of your visa while you are in Dubai. But, once you have found a job you need to convert your visa status to an employment visa, otherwise, the penalty, as mentioned above, can be quite high.
You can speak to our consultant for more information.